How to make a complaint

To make a complaint about Primary Care services, including GP Services, Dentist, Community Pharmacy or Community Optometry, click here.

For any other type of complaint, read below.

NHS Southern Derbyshire CCG has a complaints handling service for our residents and users of the services the CCG commissions on your behalf.  Complaint handling may involve the accessing your case records in order that we can discharge our duties to you under the NHS Complaints Regulations.

The purposes for which your personally identifiable information will be used is strictly for the processing of your complaint. This may include passing relevant information to a service provider in order that they can provide appropriate responses and comments on the circumstances set out in your complaint.

Your information may be anonymised for the purposes of monitoring the complaints process or improving service quality. If identifiable data is needed for other purposes then your consent will be sought unless there is another legal basis on which this information is required to be used.

If you have any concerns about how your information is to be used then please contact Brigid Stacey, NHS Southern Derbyshire CCG Caldicott Guardian, before submitting your complaint. 

Please make your complaint to us via one of the following methods:

Complaints can be made verbally or in writing or by email to:

NHS Southern Derbyshire CCG
Complaints Manager
Cardinal Square
10 Nottingham Road
Derby, DE1 3QT
Tel: 01332 868 736


Complaint Form    
Complaints Handling Policy

NHS Complaints Advocacy is available to help you to make a complaint about your NHS care.

Advocacy is about:

  • Ensuring people have the information they need to make the right choices for them,
  • Supporting people to speak up and be heard,
  • Helping people to secure their rights, and the services and support they need,
  • Enabling people to play a full part in their communities.

Two organisations provide advocacy across Southern Derbyshire CCG’s area, commissioned by the county and city councils. For Derbyshire County Council taxpayers it is provided by POhWER. For Derby City Council taxpayers their service is offered by Derby Citizens Advice and Law Centre (CA&LC). 

Derby Citizens Advice and Law Centre (CA&LC) help people by providing free, independent and confidential advice. They can be contacted at:

Derby Citizens Advice and Law Centre (CA&LC)
First Floor
Stuart House
Green Ln
01332 295 711 

Derbyshire Mind Advocacy Services have been commissioned by Derbyshire County Council to provide NHS Complaints Advocacy for Derbyshire residents from 1 April 2016.

For more information contact:

Derbyshire Mind Advocacy Services
Albany House
Kingsway Hospital
DE22 3LZ

Tel: 01332 623 732


Primary Care Services Complaints 

If you need to complain about any Primary Care services, which include GP Services, Dentist, Community Pharmacy or Community Optometry, then you can complain directly to the GP Practice, Dentist, Pharmacy or Optician or contact NHS England Customer Care Contact Centre. 

  • The 'Customer Care Contact Centre' aims to be a single point of contact for the public regarding issues/concerns or complaints.
  • The Centre is open usual office hours.
  • Telephone 0300 311 22 33
    Address: NHS England, PO Box 16738, Redditch, Worcestershire B97 9PT
  • Please note that if patients/public are unsure about the complaints process then please do not hesitate to contact us and we will assist.
Last modified: 05/09/2018