Bath time ducks for children are being given away at events across Derby to help make a splash about new improved healthcare services.
DUCC (Derby Urgent Care Centre) was renamed and launched new and improved services in April this year.
DUCC health professionals treat sprains, strains, minor burns or scalds, minor head and eye injuries, infections, and offer a support and advice hub.
By promoting these services NHS Southern Derbyshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) aims to help people ‘Choose Well’ when using NHS services and keep A&E free to deal with emergency cases.
The CCG, which commissions OneMedicalGroup to run DUCC, is taking part in Love Parks events and will be hosting activities including hook-a-duck and free health checks, and giving away ducks, which have DUCC’s opening times and contact information on them, at:
- ·Markeaton Park – 11am until 3pm – Monday 27 July
- ·Darley Park – 11am until 3pm – Tuesday 28 July
- ·Arboretum Park – 11am until 3pm – Wednesday 29 July
- Sunnydale Park – 11am until 3pm – Friday 31 July
Catherine Bainbridge, senior commissioning manager for NHS Southern Derbyshire Clinical Commissioning Group, said: “We’re keen to let patients know where they can get the care they need.
“This is a fun way to get a serious message across to one of our target audiences – parents of our younger patients – that they can quickly access the health services they need.”
Rachel Beverley-Stevenson, Chief Executive of OneMedicalGroup, said: “We’re passionate about working with the local community and empowering patients to take control of their own healthcare, starting with educating them about what services are available to them and how they can use them to their advantage.”
MAKING A SPLASH: (from left) Libby Swanick (six) gets a bath time duck from Hannah Bliss, communications and engagement business administrator with NHS Southern Derbyshire Clinical Commissioning Group.
NOTES TO EDITORS:
- NHS Southern Derbyshire CCG represents 56 GP practices and is responsible for the healthcare of 540,605 people. It is one of four clinical commissioning groups in Derbyshire.
- For more information about the Love Parks events visit www.derby.gov.uk/leisure-and-culture/arts-and-entertainment/leisure-events/love-parks-2015/
- OneMedicalGroup is a nationally recognised and award-winning innovative healthcare solutions provider, bringing together a unique blend of premises development and patient care to deliver solutions that offer quality value and resilience to its patients, commissioners and dedicated workforce. For more information visit www.onemedicalgroup.co.uk
- For advice on finding the right health service at the right time in Southern Derbyshire, visit www.choosewellsouthernderbyshire.co.uk
Tel: 01332 888190 Email: Fiona.Waring@southernderbyshireccg.nhs.uk