Patients and the public are invited to attend the first annual general meeting to be held by NHS Southern Derbyshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) - the organisation responsible for the healthcare of over 525,000 people in Southern Derbyshire. The meeting will be held at 9.30am on 22nd August at the University of Derby Enterprise Centre, Bridge Street, Derby DE1 3LD.
People attending will be able to hear about the key achievements of the CCG and there will be a report from each of the CCG’s localities. There will be presentations on some of the CCG’s key programmes of work including:
- Planned care
- Unplanned care
- Primary care
- Children’s services
- Patient and public involvement
The CCG’s financial report will highlight how all financial targets in 2013/14 were achieved, with a revenue surplus of 1% or £6.04m that is to be carried forward into future years.
Highlights of achievements during the year include:
- A&E target at Derby Hospitals achieved for each of the last six months through joint working across the whole health community and with GPs and consultants taking a lead.
- Delayed discharges from Royal Derby Hospital are at an all-time low.
- A strong influence on the quality of care that is experienced by patients in its main providers.
- Creation of community support teams following extensive consultation with GP practices, local authorities and partners. Community support teams are multidisciplinary teams based around general practice in order to support patients with the greatest need. They have input from general practice, community health teams, social care and mental health.
Andy Layzell, Chief Officer at NHS Southern Derbyshire CCG, said:
“We extend a warm welcome to local people to come along to our AGM and find out more about health services in Southern Derbyshire.
“Our successes in the past year show that the CCG has been able to achieve significant change over a relatively short timescale. The AGM will give us the opportunity to reflect on the success of the past year, and to discuss the challenges and opportunities facing the NHS in Southern Derbyshire.”
The public are also invited to attend the CCG’s Governing Body meeting in public which will be held following the AGM on 22nd August at the University of Derby Enterprise Centre, Bridge Street, Derby DE1 3LD.